Open For Quotes
Monday - Friday
Please Phone Before You Visit Our Factory.
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm & Sat 10am-2pm
Tel: 01928 772325
1. By paying a deposit or by placing an order you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. Stone properties: all stone products are natural products and are therefore subject to colour variation, natural veining and some light, medium or heavy pitting. The stone used for an order may differ in look and feel from any sample previously given to customer. It is common to find variation between and within slabs of stone from the same quarry. Cheshire Granite Limited will always use matching slabs for any adjacent pieces of work in order to ensure consistency as far as possible; however, an exact match cannot always be guaranteed due to variations between and within slabs that are used. It is however unlikely that these variations will be clearly visible to the naked eye. Because of these factors we encourage customers to visit our factory or suppliers to choose their own individuals slabs.
3. All thickness quoted for slabs are nominal and no liability is accepted for reasonable variations of whatsoever nature.
4. Granite is by its nature a very dense and heavy material and weighs in excess of 90 kilos per square metre. Cheshire Granite Limited therefore reserves the right to add or move joints where they deem necessary.
5. Joints: The Joints connecting pieces of stone are sealed using two part polyester resin. The joints produced generally vary between 1-3mm thick, as acceptable to industry standard. This allows for a strong joint whilst still remaining unobtrusive.
6. Cheshire Granite Limited will mix the sealing products for the joints to provide, what they consider, the closest matched colour to your stone.
7. Cancellation charges will be incurred if works have already been undertaken before the cancellation takes place. Therefore monies already paid will be refunded less the charges reflecting the costs to the company for any work already undertaken. If the work undertaken is of greater value than monies already paid we will invoice the customer for the balance owed.
8. Delivery/installation and completion dates mentioned are approximate only and not of any contractual effect and the company shall not be under any liability to the customer in respect of any failure to deliver or complete on any particular date or dates.
9. Templates, drawings or measurements provided by the customer are at the sole responsibility of the customer. Any measurements given by a customer for final machining of stone must be in writing and signed. Cheshire Granite Limited assume no liability for incorrect dimensions. Any alterations to the template after work has been undertaken may incur extra charge.
10. All cabinets must be in a fixed and permanent position for an accurate template to be made and remain in that position until the worktops are installed.
11. Customers are responsible for removal of old worktops and adequate support for some sinks unless otherwise agreed. If fitters need to carry out extra works on arrival an extra charge may be incurred, these will be discussed with customer prior to any work being undertaken.
12. The customer is to provide free uninterrupted floor and surface areas during the execution of work. Cheshire Granite Limited will undertake any business with the utmost care to customer properties but it is recommended that the customer remove all kitchen doors before fitting to avoid any possible damage and allow a clear access route to point of installation.
13. Quotations given are subject to change. The final price of the goods quoted is based upon the information provided by the customer, and is subject to any changes up to and including templating. Cheshire Granite Limited will inform and discuss with customers any changes to cost that may arise before proceeding with any work.
14. Any changes made after templating are not the responsibility of the company and any extra cost incurred by these changes is the responsibility of the customer. In particular, changes to worktop plans, dimensions, sinks, taps and hob cutouts amongst other things.
15. Templating/granite fabrication is not an exact science and slight tolerances in both overhangs and thickness may be observed. Cheshire Granite Limited will endeavour to the best of their ability to keep these tolerances to a minimum, an industry standard 2mm tolerance is allowed for each measurement.
16. A representative must be present during templating to agree all relevant details such as overhang, edge detail, height of splash backs, joints etc and confirm acceptance of template specifications.
17. A deposit of 50% is required on completion of template or acceptance of order. The remaining 50% is required on day of installation or receipt of order. Cheshire Granite Limited reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 1.5% per month on unpaid balances (whether before or after any judgement) and revoke any discounts previously given.
18. Cheshire Granite Limited shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, misuse, abnormal working conditions, alteration or repair of the goods. The property of the goods shall not pass to the customer until Cheshire Granite Limited has received full payment.
19. Any claim by the customer based upon defect, quality or failure to correspond to the description, must be notified in writing to Cheshire Granite Limited within 5 working days. Under these conditions Cheshire Granite Limited shall be entitled to replace the goods in full or part free of charge, or at the discretion of Cheshire Granite Limited refund the price of goods in full or part. Cheshire Granite Limited shall have no further liability to the customer.
20. The polish to drainers, edges and profiles will always be of good quality. Due to the different machinery, grits and pressures used the finished polish cannot be guaranteed to be identical to the surface.